The picture at the top of this page sums up my life pretty well: That’s me with my 10-month-old son strapped to my back in 35 mph winds and biting rain on Cannon Beach in Oregon. Yep.
I’m Ben Petersen and I love adventures. I see life as a wild bucking bronco just asking to be saddled and ridden off into the sunset. I’m an optimist, a dreamer and a creator. I’m a guerrilla storyteller. I make it happen and I tell it true.
I love to hike, bike, ski, swim, summit, paddle, backpack, run, romp, meander, wander and discover. I’m from the little town of Morgan, Utah where I learned to love the outdoors and its texture, depth and ability to soothe the soul.
On a professional level, I’m a storyteller and content creator. I’ve got a background in all things digital: video, photo, social, broadcast (TV and radio), E-commerce, search engine marketing/optimization, web management, digital asset management and design. Someone called me a renaissance man once. Maybe I am. I get stuff done. If there’s no one to help me get it done, I learn how to do it, then get it done. I’m obsessive about quality work.
Here are a couple fun facts about me:
- I studied Broadcast Journalism and Film in college with plans to be a documentary filmmaker. I made one documentary, then decided to go into marketing. I love art for art’s sake, but I also like to eat.
- I love typography. My typeface of the year is Avenir Futura in all its shapes and sizes. I’ve had a recurring love affair with Optima over the years.
- My greatest accomplishment to date is my family.
- My favorite places are Southern Utah and Cooke City, Montana.
- My left hand has multiple scars. Ask me to tell you how I nearly cut my fingers off with a machete sometime.
- My biggest pet peeve is stepping in water with socks on. It’s the worst.
- I worked at a carwash one summer in college. I didn’t make much money, but I built awesome forearms and I’ve been religious about cleaning and waxing my vehicles ever since.